29 December 2010

Russian Watches?

For the past one week, I have been wearing a Poljot (it should have been pronounced as Poloit) watch which I bought a year ago  and to be more specified, it is a Poljot Baikal Chronograph with Moon phase. Many of my friends have commented that it is a nice timepiece but not too sure what brand? I decided to write a short article about it!

We, Malaysians are quite ignorant about watches made in Russia or Germany. There are many reputable watch brands made by them but really unknown to the public. For instance, Buran, Poljot and Vostok.

We are very lucky as there is a watch shop called Red Army Watches ( http://redarmywatches.com/ ) in Tropicana Mall and the 2nd outlet in Pavillion which carry these watches. I believed Red Army Watches are from Singapore.



So far, I have worn it twice as the complicated part is to adjust the moon phase before I can really enjoyed wearing it. Again, I have to bring it back to the shop so that they can adjust for me. Haha, don't ask me how but I think that is the best and hassle-free way!!!

In fact, the staff there said he is more than happy to do it because they are also not so familiar with it. It's a good training for them too!

Baikal is the most beautiful and also the deepest lake of the world (1637 m) and holds one fifth of all fresh water resources of the planet. 300 Siberian rivers flow into this lake! Its age is estimated about 30 million years. Its fantastic flora and fauna have no equal anywhere in the world. The lake is particularly attractive for tourists and photographs in the winter time. The glassy, iridescent surface and the gleaming light-blue snow are ravishing in their incredibly beauty. The lake "Baikal" is part of the "world heritage of nature" of the UNESCO.

The watch is elegantly crafted to signify the beauty of the lake.

By the way, it is a manual winding watch so you better wind it every two days.

2 comments:

  1. Yes agree with your wording that Tropicana Mall is very popular all over the world.Congrtas because you are really lucky person because as you got watch shop called Red Army Watches.Thanks for sharing information about Baikal.I will defiantly visit that lake in my next month tour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes agree with your wording that Tropicana Mall is very popular all over the world.Congrtas because you are really lucky person because as you got watch shop called Red Army Watches.Thanks for sharing information about Baikal.I will defiantly visit that lake in my next month tour.

    ReplyDelete