09 January 2011

Crunchy sliced "grass carp" fish

During my last visit to China, I visited this town named ZhongShan. I have been there once, 8 years ago. It has changed a lot. My friends took me for a simple lunch. We had a complete goat steamboat feast and it was wonderful.

During the lunch, I casually mentioned about the crunchy sliced grass carp that I have tried 8 years ago but not too sure whether it was at this town. My friends confirmed that ZhongShan is the place whereby they reared the fishes at the reservoir here. Now we hardly find wild grass carp anymore. The fishes were supposed to swim upstream for food.

However, now the fishes are also swimming upstream to the reservoir but they were fed with certain beans and also a main factor to make the flesh crunchy.

Well, you can try that in Hong Kong too as I have eaten that in Hong Kong for the past few times. Nothing compared to the main source.


The following dinner, my friends took me to a famous restaurant here named Sek Kei Lou.

We ordered several grass carp dishes and coupled with the rest.



 Sliced grass carp steamed with black beans.

Sliced grass carp with ginger and spring onion

Deep fried grass carp with chili and salt

Well, it was a wonderful dinner and I really enjoyed it so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment