17 March 2011

Shi fish from YangTze River


Shi Fish from YangTze River
 
I will never miss this steamed "Shi" fish in Shanghai each time I visit the city. No exception for my recent trip and my friend took me to a local restaurant of which we waited almost an hour for a table. For those who luv "Terubok" will know that you need a lot of patience to enjoy this fish as it has a lot of tiny and fine bones. Shi fish is exactly the same. I always believe that they are from the same family.

The steaming is perfect with a few slices of ham which bring out the aroma of the fish. I bet they have added some brown rice liquor but my friend told me that they have mixed the brown and white liquer together! It's just so yummy!

He also ordered some local dishes for me to try.

This claypot bun is also a very nice dish that I have never tasted before. In fact, it is liked a big marshmellow in a thick gravy. It tasted perfectly right.

He also ordered a plate of wild vegetable in white liquor and we enjoyed the evening very well.

The restaurant is a very nice and simple Shanghainese restaurant located in South Maoming Road. It is called Rui Fu Yuan Lian Yi Restaurant (+86 6445 8999). Happy trying!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment