22 November 2010

Taiwan Restaurant


Recently, I had lunch with a few friends in a Taiwanese restaurant on Jalan Imbi. Not Fong Lye Restaurant, which I don't find authentic anymore.

This restaurant comes after the Overseas Restaurant and before Park Royal on Jalan Imbi, and it's called, quite to the point, Taiwan Restaurant

The owner is the main cook as well as the captain. I suppose he needs to hire a nice captain as he is a typical Taiwanese cook. 

Soupy water-based fish slice
There are a few great dishes here, such as the water-based fish slice (which reminds me of fish bakuteh in Sandakan). The soup can be drank.

The chicken, cooked with 3 different kinds of Chinese wine, is also great. My friend's only complaint is that they used too many chicken breasts and not enough soft thigh meat.

Herbal dessert with milk dressing
The herbal dessert isn't bad. It's like tasteless guilinggao with milk dressing. 

The place is a bit pricey for me, but for those interested, you can call Taiwan Restaurant for more details at 03-2144 9158.

No comments:

Post a Comment