09 September 2010

Sumptuously Spanish

Stewed Iberian black hog cheeks

This is the second time I am patronizing this restaurant, El Meson Espanol, located right opposite Bangsar Village II.

My first visit was when it just opened for business. My friend and I ordered a suckling pig which turned out to be a tad disappointing. Well, we told ourselves that everyone deserves a second chance.

This time round I ordered stewed Iberian black hog cheeks and I loved it! The mashed pumpkin is also great.

Grilled wild boar

My friend ordered grilled wild boar, which is supposed to be something special. I didn't think we could find wild boar ribs in a restaurant in Malaysia so easily, what's more in a Spanish restaurant in KL. The taste, according to my friend: "There is no magic to it at all; flat...."

There might not be a third visit.

2 comments:

  1. Mr Eddie, I love reading your posts on your food experience. :)

    You certainly love your food.. hehe.

    -Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend who went with me luv pork and he just couldn't resist it! Anyway, this is not so great! Will find better ones!

    ReplyDelete